6 Plumbing Problems That Require a Professional
Even the most experienced do-it-yourselfers may find a home repair or improvement requires the skills of a professional plumber. For most of us who are less handy, it’s even more important to recognize the types of jobs that are likely to require a plumber—before getting in over our heads.
- Low water pressure in the house. As opposed to low water pressure in a sink or a bathroom, a lack of pressure throughout a house can be caused a system-wide problem such as an obstruction in the water line, low water pressure from the supply source, or even a design problem.
- Problems with your hot water heater. A lack of hot water can be caused by numerous causes including circuit breakers, thermostats, burners or igniters. Unless you are also proficient in safely handling electricity and gas, a professional plumber is your best bet for assessing and addressing hot water heater problems.
- Cracked or burst pipes. If a pipe has been compromised, it’s time to call a plumber. Even if a pipe is still frozen, but broken, a plumber may be able to remove the frozen section, giving you quicker access to your water flow.
- Sewer line backup. This problem usually relates to the line that connects to the main sewer. To ensure you don’t damage the drain or sewer lines, you should call a plumber.
- A stubbornly clogged toilet or drain. Some small blockages can be removed with a plunger. But stoppages that can’t be cleared easily should be taken care of by a plumber. Harsh chemical drain openers can damage pipes, and inserting tools in the drain or opening can lodge the blockage more firmly in place. A plumber has the skills and tools to identify the problem and fix it without causing damage.
- Water line damage. This is often caused by frozen water lines, but identifying and accessing that location can be tricky. A professional plumber is experienced in quickly finding and fixing the problem.
If you encounter one of these problems, before you pick up a wrench, call your trusted plumber. Questions? Give NC Plumbing Services a call at 919-868-3585.
Our team of skilled plumbers can address all of your residential plumbing needs including water line leaks, slow drains, fixture installation, water heater repair and replacement, and plumbing additions to your home. We work in the Triangle throughout the Raleigh, Durham, Cary, Apex, Chapel Hill and surrounding Wake County areas.